Thursday, September 14

Sigh....


I know I haven't been posting much. Just busy - I'm uptraining at work 3 days a week and on the phones 2 so my schedule changes back and forth. Plus waiting for Henry who works anywhere from 10-11 hours a day (so I'm ususally there either an hour and a half early or late). No time to do more than read.

I am sending info to go back to school thru the distance program (all I can do and work) to be a certified (AVMA) vet tech. Certification isn't required in WA or OR but with the long term idea of a better job...plus I LIKE learning. Should be a breeze the first quarter even with 17 credits as some classes I did before (intro to bio, Eng 101, CS 101 etc) but decided not worth the transfer trouble (still have to pay for the classes basically).

H's grandma Katasse is in the hospital. Not good but nothing we can do. Gads she's like 97 or 99 or something and not concious. We can't afford to fly to Juneau even if she goes. He seems to be handling it well BUT you never know with him! He's not especially close with that side of the family - he has an older half sister but his dad died when he was 13 in a logging accident - and I think he still is mad that they offered to fly us up there for a honeymoon and then changed their minds as they were all "too busy" and not one of them came to our wedding. (side note: I LIKED going to the coast and random no plans anyway!). (side note 2: Dad - this is WHY his sister called you looking for him)

So here I am at 2 in the morning, can't sleep anyway, figured I'd bitch for a few minutes to ya'all. Still waiting to see if they re-evaluate H's position name and pay at work (the wheels grind VERY slowly there!) but the local uppity ups are for it. Would be a signifigant raise for changing the title from "supervisor" to "manager" and not changing the workload - but then again his workload seems to be pretty big for what he makes. Now if only it included a parking pass...

BTW - from the Rum discussion - weird that I even like it. I keep thinking the pirate tune (yo ho h0 and a bottle of rum). Guess it mixes better than vodka and I'm somewhat out of the alcoholic seeming drinking to get drunk stage. I feel old!

On that note walked down to rite-aid from work with a teenytiny 19yo friend Sami and some lady in the crosswalk called me her MOTHER. She (and H) have gotten a great kick out of that and I'm thinking time for a facelift! I didn't start at 14. I swear!

Off again now that I've updated ya'all.

4 comments:

Jeri said...

Her MOTHER?! That's so rude. And if she's 19, you would have had to start earlier than 14...!

Traci said...

No kidding... Mandy, regardless of what that moron thought, you do not look old! Gads.

Traci said...

EEEEEK! I was able to use my log in and password and post as me!!!! OMG

Baledwr said...

And obviously I can't count, lol... but Sami is getting QUITE the use of this at work so I told her I am grounding her if she mentions it again. And I bought more hair dye.