Wednesday, February 11

Be thankful

My senior at work had a house fire last night. Thank dawg the 3 year old woke them up and they got out safe with the dogs. It is a total loss. What is nice about working for a company like Travelers though is that everyone cares and is trying to help her out. This is the 2nd time this has happened to someone in the last 2 months and the response is simply overwhelming.

I'm going to go get her girl dog in a little bit and be boarding her for 2 days -2 weeks...

Luckily she knows insurance so had a good company and policy, and a good talk with the adjuster. The insurance company is getting them into a house within that period where they can have the dogs. Remind me to use that company in the future!

Anyway remembering what happened to Joannna's Clue I offered to watch her dogs. The boy is at her brothers house but he wouldn't take both. So the girl has been outside at a neighbors all day. On my way to pick her up in a few. Crazy me...

Just remember to be thankful for what we do have and those around us. It can all be gone in a flash and you can be cast adrift to rely on other people's mercy and help.

Things are just things, it's the living creatures who touch us and matter in the end. And how we deal with it.

6 comments:

StubbyDog said...

Ugh. Positive thoughts to her and her family. What a nice gesture for you to help with one of the dogs! Hope it all goes smoothly.

Traci said...

Truer words have never been spoken Mandy... things are just things...
I hope she's able to get her life back together soon! How awful for her and her family... My heart goes out to them!

starrynights said...

How awful! I hope they get back on their feet as quickly and smoothly as possible.

What kinds of doggies do they have?

Joanna said...

Oh my gosh. On behalf of fire-damaged dogs everywhere, THANK YOU for taking this dog!

As Bronte has healed and shed out a little, it turns out that she has scars over one side of her face, obviously flying sparks and cinders. So neither Cardi escaped unscathed from our fire, which hurts my heart. I am so thankful that you will give a happy place to your friend's dog.

Heidi Dahlin said...

What a horrible event--thank goodness everyone got out and that is so kind of you to take in their dog.

My daughter and her cat were caught in a house fire. My daughter was rescued, but we thought the cat died. The firemen found her later that night as they were checking for hotspots. Her paws were burned and she was covered in soot--we don't know how she got out. She was the best cat after that event.

Carolyn's Mom said...

Wow Mandy...all kinds of news! You are an angel to help your co-worker, I can't imagine much worse than a house fire. So glad to hear your insulin levels are good...6 "big ones" for a pump...ouch! Does insurance cover any of it?? Sure hope so. Take care...Grams